Monday, February 24, 2014

ACE #143: God Is Not Dead

The lyrics to the song "If God Is Dead" remind me so much about the presence of God.  We are entering into the season of crucifixion and resurrection. The older I get, the more I believe the Easter story and the more I receive that the cross was for me!  If I can only help one person to come to Christ, I've at least done something and know that my living has not been in vain.

Reflecting on the crucifixion, it stuns me how deliberately people hated Jesus enough to kill Him...even after they met Him face to face.  It is one of my greatest struggles. It's just as stunning to me that people hate God and Christianity.  While I've never traveled on the road to Damascus, I've had a "Damascus Moment"...okay, maybe more than one at different stages of my life.  I would argue, though, that once you really meet Jesus - you can't hate your worst enemy...really, you can't hate anyone.  To those who lump all Christians together - whether we support your various causes or not - shame on you.  For Christians who use religion to discriminate against people and Scripture (taken out of context) to mistreat them, well...shame on us, too.  (After all, I am one too...right?)  But playing the "blame game" is so contrary to what Christianity is supposed to be...and, quite frankly, it's exhausting.

At the heart of Christianity it really is about receiving Jesus Christ as the Savior, having a heart of love for all people as Jesus did, and making disciples...as Jesus did.  As a Christian, I want everyone to be saved and to receive Jesus Christ. I am so humbled by His grace, His mercy, His forgiveness and His blessings.  If someone is reading this and has not come to Christ, I encourage and urge you to do so.  I cannot imagine my life without believing in God and just knowing that He has his hands on me. Nobody said life is perfect or easy.  What I do know is that when I felt like my world was falling apart (on several occasions), God restored my situation greater than I even imagined.


If God is dead...What makes the flowers bloom? If God is dead...What makes summer come in June? If God Is dead? Who is listening and who answers prayers? I'm so glad I know God Lives. If God is Dead...Who can mend a broken heart? If God is Dead? What makes night and day apart? Who can tell me where his body lies. I'm so glad I know God Lives. I can feel him moving thru the trees and the wind and the breeze. I can see him shining thru the night and the stars that shine so bright. He lives!




(The major questions posed by this movie are both profound and complex.)

God Is Not Dead - Kelly Price
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoQd9fagfH8

 God's Not Dead Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMjo5f9eiX8



John 3:16

New International Version (NIV)
16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

No comments:

Post a Comment