Monday, February 3, 2014

ACE #125: When Enough is Enough

I can honestly say that where I am in life - in my career, in my ministry, and in my marriage - has much to do with when I've made up my mind that "Enough is enough!"

I remember watching the movie "Enough" starring Jennifer Lopez. She was in a physically and emotionally abusive marriage.  In order to escape her husband, she fled the life she knew and even changed her identity.  Every time I watch this movie I have to ask myself the question, "To what extreme am I willing to go when I've had enough?"

When I was in a job where I had enough of being mistreated while my potential was wasting away - I tightened up my resume and interviewed for new jobs.  I recognized that I deserved better.

When I was in a relationship that made me work way too hard to keep someone who didn't want to be kept - I made up my mind that I wanted better with someone who was willing to work just as hard.

When I wanted to finish my degrees - I put my head in the books and set a timeline for finishing.  I'm working on the third one.

When I wanted a strong, Christian man as a husband - I decided that I wouldn't settle for less than what I knew I could give and be in a marriage.  (He did the same).

When I decided that there was more kingdom work to be done - I answered my call into the ministry.

Part of making up your mind that "enough is enough" is about being able to make a decision...and sticking to it.  A lot of circumstances in our lives could easily be changed if we prayed, trusted God, and then walked in faith.

You'll know when "enough is enough".  Then you'll do something about it.  I firmly believe that the power of a made up mind is the first step on the road to success.


Proverbs 16:3                    
Commit your work to the Lord, and your plans will be established.

GOD'S WORD® Translation
James 1:8 - A person who has doubts is thinking about two different things at the same time and can't make up his mind about anything.

Jentezen Franklin - The Power of a Made Up Mind
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9mQzmhrFqw




No comments:

Post a Comment