Wednesday, March 12, 2014

ACE #154: When You Come Full Circle

Yesterday, I visited by former workplace.  I went back to support my husband who was delivering the message at the noon Chapel Service.  It also marked the one-year anniversary since I’d left.  I realized what the things were that I missed so dearly, which was really my students, my colleagues, and just the overall fellowship. 

There will be times in life when we have to make really tough decisions to move on.  It will be a wise choice professionally or personally, but it might not feel like it at the time.
When I took my previous job, I couldn’t necessarily figure out why I was there other than it being a good career decision.  I felt the same way a year ago when I accepted my current job; I wasn’t sure why I was there other than it being a better opportunity for my career.

After a year, I’ve come full circle.  I’m in a place where I get what lessons God is trying to teach me and how He is shaping my plan.  Even though I left my previous job a year ago, it hasn’t really left me. Changing jobs doesn’t change what is at the core of who I am – discipleship.  No matter where I go…I still take Jesus with me.  I guess that’s why after a year, I still felt at home.
 
Ecclesiastes 3:1
There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens:
 
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment