Tuesday, March 25, 2014

ACE #162: Why Your Breakthrough Feels Distant

There have been times in my life when I've felt like my breakthrough is far off in the distance.  I can't see it.  I can't sense it.  I can't even imagine it.  I've lacked patience and have grown weary of waiting for it.  I realized that usually my breakthrough feels distant when I am not being obedient...when I refuse to do what God has told me to do. 

Obedience to God means that we have to listen to what He is saying to us, trust that His plan is better than ours, surrender everything to Him, and obey His Word.  God rewards our obedience.  That's when He sends our breakthrough.

In Genesis 22, Abraham is tested.  God says to Abraham in verse 2, “Take your son, your only son, whom you love—Isaac—and go to the region of Moriah. Sacrifice him there as a burnt offering on a mountain I will show you.”  The next morning, Abraham did just that.  It says that Abraham "saw the place in the distance."  He went up to the top of the mountain after he prepared for the fire with knife in hand.  Isaac even helped him prepare for the sacrifice.  Isaac then asked, “but where is the lamb for the burnt offering?”  Abraham assured Isaac that God would provide the sacrifice.  Abraham tied his son to the altar.  As he was about to slay Isaac with the knife, the Lord stopped Him and told Abraham, 12 “Do not lay a hand on the boy,” he said. “Do not do anything to him. Now I know that you fear God, because you have not withheld from me your son, your only son.” And there it was, a ram in the bush, which served as the sacrifice. Abraham called that place, The Lord Will Provide!  Then came the promise:

15 The angel of the Lord called to Abraham from heaven a second time 16 and said, “I swear by myself, declares the Lord, that because you have done this and have not withheld your son, your only son, 17 I will surely bless you and make your descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and as the sand on the seashore. Your descendants will take possession of the cities of their enemies, 18 and through your offspring[b] all nations on earth will be blessed,[c] because you have obeyed me.”

Maybe your breakthrough seems off in the distance; after all, so was Abraham's. That very promise that God had for Abraham only came because Abraham listened to God's instructions, trusted God's plan, surrendered His son to God, and obeyed God's Word.

I encourage you to follow the Abraham plan of obedience so that you can get your "ram in the bush" breakthrough!

Bible text:
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis+22

 
The Lord will provide...

No comments:

Post a Comment