Monday, March 24, 2014

ACE #161: March Madness: What Team Are You Rooting For?

Yesterday, I did the Children’s Moment at our church.  I had all of the kids tell me who they are rooting for during March Madness.  They either said the University of Kentucky Wildcats or the Louisville Cardinals.  This is an epic battle within our beloved state of Kentucky.  Friendships will suffer.  Families will fall out.  Houses will be divided.  One team will emerge as the victor, while the other will fall as the loser.

Imagine the amount of pressure on these boys…yes, they’re boys…kids really.  They have yet to enter fully into adulthood.  Yet they have so much pressure on them not to just perform, but to win.  Regardless of what type of season they’ve had, those tournament weeks are what matter the most.
When I think about what team I am rooting for, I always pick Team Jesus.  The Bible says that no matter what, as long as I am on His team, I will have the victory.  No matter how much work I do toward kingdom building, none of it will be in vain.  The ultimate trophy comes in the reward called eternal life. 

Choose Team Jesus.  With Him, you will always win!  Be a champion.

1 Corinthians 15:57-58

57 But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
58 Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.

No comments:

Post a Comment