Saturday, April 19, 2014

ACE #182: Saturday, the Day After

Yesterday, we celebrated Good Friday. Tomorrow, we will celebrate Resurrection Sunday. But what about today? What is today? 

Well, as I was reflecting this morning and thinking about Good Friday and Easter Sunday, I thought about today. Where am I today? 

Well, here's what I know. 

If it had not been for yesterday, I would not be able to look forward to tomorrow. Now, I know some of you all might be saying that's obvious. We know Jesus promised that if the temple was destroyed, He would rebuild it in three days. I believe that just like you. 

But, here is what I am saying. When I accepted Christ, I had to accept that what happened yesterday was for the person I was. When Christ took the punishment, it was not for what He did. He was perfect. It was for what I would do. Therefore, I look forward to tomorrow because the plan is complete. I know without a shadow of a doubt He took my sins on the cross with Him and it was finished. Tomorrow assures me that because He lives I can get pass who I was and live life in the abundance. 

So, today I reflect and rest on the promise of tomorrow that because He lives, I can face it. He rested today knowing that tomorrow will bring new life. So will I. 

Thank you Lord for the death, burial and resurrection of Your Son Jesus. Only He could fulfill the plan. I am grateful that I can celebrate a Savior that went to the extremes of a crucifixion to save a friend.

RJL

John 20:1-2

The Empty Tomb
20 Early on the first day of the week, while it was still dark, Mary Magdalene went to the tomb and saw that the stone had been removed from the entrance. So she came running to Simon Peter and the other disciple, the one Jesus loved, and said, “They have taken the Lord out of the tomb, and we don’t know where they have put him!”




 

No comments:

Post a Comment