Saturday, April 19, 2014

ACE #183: The Holes Are There

Happy Resurrection Sunday. He got up!

So many times we want to believe things because we see it. But that is not faith. Faith is believing in what we can't see yet we know it is true. 

Today, we celebrate the Resurrection of our Lord Jesus the Christ. And, for some of us, we are still trying to see the proof like Thomas. Instead of taking God at His word, we tend to want visible evidence of this fulfilled prophecy. 

It's not enough that the tomb was empty, Amen. We have to see the holes. It's not enough that I was sinking deep in sin and Jesus saw fit to bring Godly people into my life that helped me understand that a king was in me. I need to see the holes. It's not enough that every time my enemies plot, He raises up a standard against them. I still need to see the holes. It's not enough that He loves me unconditionally. I know this because He keeps making a way out of dead ends. It's not enough that when we tried for many years to conceive a child He delivered just when were about to throw in the towel. Again, I need to see the holes. 

Make no mistake about it. The holes are there. Jesus did exactly what He said He would do. We just have to believe it. His grace is more than enough and He has proven it more and more. 

Jesus told Thomas after Thomas put his finger in the holes, "don't be faithless any longer. Believe!" I know He lives. Why? Because He lives in me. How do I know? The scales are off my eyes. I am a fisher of men. Greater is He who is in me than he who is in the world. I need thee every hour. The holes are there, but more importantly He is there because He is a living God. He got up! Believe that.

RJL

John 20

Jesus Appears to His Disciples

19 On the evening of that first day of the week, when the disciples were together, with the doors locked for fear of the Jewish leaders, Jesus came and stood among them and said, “Peace be with you!” 20 After he said this, he showed them his hands and side. The disciples were overjoyed when they saw the Lord.
21 Again Jesus said, “Peace be with you! As the Father has sent me, I am sending you.” 22 And with that he breathed on them and said, “Receive the Holy Spirit. 23 If you forgive anyone’s sins, their sins are forgiven; if you do not forgive them, they are not forgiven.”

Jesus Appears to Thomas

24 Now Thomas (also known as Didymus[a]), one of the Twelve, was not with the disciples when Jesus came. 25 So the other disciples told him, “We have seen the Lord!”
But he said to them, “Unless I see the nail marks in his hands and put my finger where the nails were, and put my hand into his side, I will not believe.”
26 A week later his disciples were in the house again, and Thomas was with them. Though the doors were locked, Jesus came and stood among them and said, “Peace be with you!” 27 Then he said to Thomas, “Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe.”
28 Thomas said to him, “My Lord and my God!”
29 Then Jesus told him, “Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”





No comments:

Post a Comment