Wednesday, April 23, 2014

ACE #186: The Song Heard 'Round the World

Willie Myrick, a 10-year-old boy from Atlanta, was kidnapped in his front yard days ago.  While being held hostage, he sang a popular gospel song by Hezekiah Walker called, "Every Praise".  The kidnapper just couldn't take it anymore.  He tossed the boy out of his car.

You can hear this song at any black church on any given Sunday.  As a matter of fact, I am certain this song completely transcends race because it is the song heard 'round the world!  The simplicity of the song is what is so amazing, yet it carries such a powerful message.  My favorite part is:

God my Savior.
God my Healer.
God my Deliverer.
Yes, He is! Yes, He is!

It reminds me that whatever I need God to be for me and my needs...He is!

Mark 8:29
"But what about you?" he asked. "Who do you say I am?" Peter answered, "You are the Messiah."

Watch the story here:

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2014/04/22/%E2%80%98every-praise%E2%80%99-kidnapper-releases-10-year-old-who-won%E2%80%99t-stop-singing-gospel-song




No comments:

Post a Comment