Monday, June 2, 2014

ACE #224: Waging War: Cancer Really Does Suck

Chemotherapy. Radiation. Surgery.

Yesterday, my husband and I watched several videos where people accepted the “cold water challenge” in the fight against cancer.  For those who don’t take the challenge, they donate $100 to the cause.  I couldn’t help but to think, please don’t challenge me because anything that involves water and my ethnic hair will not work out well. But these videos made me think about how much cancer has impacted the lives of the people around me.

As I am approaching 40-years-old, I am very aware that I am now in the “at risk” category for a lot of things.  I will have to schedule yearly breast exams and pay more attention to any changes that occur in my body.  It’s scary, really.

In the past two years, cancer, in its various forms, has claimed the lives of many people around me – young and old.  This year alone, even yesterday, I have witnessed more people battling this relentless enemy. Many are my age and younger.   It doesn't just invade the body, it permeates the spirit and the mind.  I have watched many people fight for their lives and lose the battle on this side.

The famous question is:  Why me?

Nobody ever really knows the answer.  People have been diagnosed with cancer who have abused their bodies with foreign substances; yet there have been people who maintained strict, healthy diets and exercised regularly for years and their diagnosis didn't differ. Still…cancer.

Today, I declare cancer as the enemy that must be rebuked.  In the name of Jesus I rebuke cancer “going viral” in families like a video or a Tweet.  I rebuke cancer claiming lives, especially of our children.  I rebuke cancer being victorious in the lives of mothers and fathers who are raising their young children.  

God is bigger than cancer.

It's praying time!

Father God, we ask your covering grace over those who are fighting against this deadly disease.  We stand in agreement that you are the author and finisher of our faith, that you are the alpha and omega of our lives, and that we declare that you are still God even in the midst of the diagnosis and the fight. We ask for your strength to wage war against this enemy.  We ask for your courage to fight the battle. It’s in Jesus’ name we pray. Amen!

James 5:14
Is anyone among you sick? Let them call the elders of the church to pray over them and anoint them with oil in the name of the Lord.

Prevent Cancer: Stop Cancer Before it Starts - http://preventcancer.org/

Cancer Prevention Tips - http://preventcancer.org/












Visit DSM Foods for diets that fight cancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment