Thursday, June 26, 2014

ACE #238: Are You a Run Away?

One of my favorite songs is from The Bodyguard soundtrack, “Run to You” by the incomparable late Whitney Houston.  At least, I thought I loved that song until Smokie Norful did the remake with lyrics focused on his relationship with God.

I know that when you look at me
There’s so much that only you can see
But when you pause and take the time
I know in my heart you’ll find
A little boy who’s scared sometimes
Who isn’t always strong
I know you see the hurt in me
I feel so all alone.
I want to run to you
I want to run to you
Won’t you hold me in your arms
And keep me safe from harm
I want to run to you
I want to run to you
Lord, please stay
And don’t ever take your love away.

It has always baffled me as to why, when people are in troubling times, they run the opposite direction of God instead of running to him.  Elijah ran from Jezebel’s wrath, Jonah ran from his ministry assignment, Jacob ran off because he feared that Esau would take his life, and Moses ran from Pharaoh after he’d killed an Egyptian.  God’s protection and favor were with each of these men during their most trying seasons.

I encourage you today, if you feel like running, just stand still and see the power of God to carry you through whatever your situation may be.  

Exodus 14:13

Moses answered the people, "Do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the LORD will bring you today. The Egyptians you see today you will never see again.



Don't be a run away!


No comments:

Post a Comment