Sunday, June 15, 2014

ACE #232: Daaaaaaaaddy!

Yesterday, my daughter and I came home from the grocery store.  She was excited to tell her daddy that we had gotten pizza while we were out.  When we pulled into the garage, his car was parked in there; however, when we got in the house, we couldn't locate him. 

My daughter scurries around the house calling out to him.  Then the one last cry, "Daaaaaaaddy!" yielded the results she anticipated.  Her daddy finally acknowledged her voice, when she seemed distraught.  He had been hiding in the spare bedroom the whole time just watching and listening to us.

This reminds me of how much I take my own father for granted.  Any time I was in a difficult situation, where I was distraught - I would assume my daddy would show up and rescue me.  And he did!  My daughter, no doubt, will have the same relationship expectations with her dad.

It also makes me understand the significance of being able to call on our Heavenly Father when we are in distress.  God has never failed to show up in my most desperate hours and even in pleasant ones.  So, today, let's celebrate the fathers in our lives, especially our Heavenly Father.

 
The righteous who walks in his integrity- blessed are his children after him! Proverbs 20:7
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment