Monday, December 2, 2013

ACE #74: When Your Cup Looks Almost Empty

One of my former students reminded me of God's faithfulness even in the smallest things.  He told a story about how he and his wife wanted to travel home for the Thanksgiving holiday, but they did not think they could afford the gasoline for the travel because the bills were due.  He told his wife that he thought they could still go to visit her mother, but he needed to pray first and ask God for direction.  He said that God told him to go anyway and He would sustain them.  One of the students at the college was traveling in the same direction and needed a ride home.  My former student and his wife offered to take him with no expectation of money.  The student gave them $25 for gas anyway and they thanked him.  When they arrived at the destination to drop the student off, the grandmother said the Lord told her to give them $100 and to sow a seed into their marriage.

Throughout my entire life, I have had moments when my "cup" looks almost empty and out of nowhere comes overflow.  I remember being in graduate school and I was always just a few dollars away from being completely broke, but I would go to the mailbox and there would be a check there waiting for me from a church member, a family member, or my parents.  I never had to state my needs to anyone but God. 

That's one of the main reasons I really love the Lord.  He moves in the hearts of His people to show love and generosity to others.  His timing is perfect. His grace is sufficient. My cup overflows.

Study Link:
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm+23&version=KJV


 
When your cup runs over...

No comments:

Post a Comment