Sunday, December 15, 2013

ACE #87: The Key


Today, I was worried because I knew I had lost a key. It was the strangest thing because I just knew I had put the key in this one particular place. Well, after I stressfully search for the key, I declared the key missing. I was crushed because I lost the key. I was so sure that the key was long gone. Why? Because I had wrapped it up and tossed it with some trash I threw away earlier. I beat myself up on the inside. Oh the drama we would have to go through to get another church key. I was indeed frustrated with myself for not being more responsible with this key. I searched thoroughly in all the places it could have been, I thought.  So, I went back to one of the places and there was the key. I said “thank You Lord.”
Tonight, I am reflecting on this because this is what many of us are facing today, in Christ. We feel like we have lost the key (Christ.) Things may not be going well for us. We have gotten irresponsible in our worship. We have lost our zeal. We are certain of our positions and it can’t get any better. So, we accept defeat and declare the relationship lost. Furthermore, we declare ourselves useless.

But Church, sometimes we have to go back to those places where the key was being used. However, this time when we seek Him, we have to seek Him more diligently. We have to move some things out of the way to get a clearer picture. We have to spend some valuable time looking for the key. He said He would be with us even until the end.

The key was not missing. I just didn’t believe it was there, until I diligently looked for it. Thank You Lord. RJL

No comments:

Post a Comment