Friday, December 13, 2013

ACE #85: Scandal Time (Special Edition) - Between Beyonce, Olivia Pope & Friday the 13th

OMW (Oh, my word)!  In the last 24 hours, social media has been ablaze, especially in Kentucky!  Between Beyoncé, Olivia Pope and Friday the 13th, way too much is going on today.

Beyoncé gave the people a show last night in Louisville.  Shonda Rhimes gave the rest of us a heart attack on screen from the start.  Hats off to her.  She delivers every week!

As for Beyoncé - I guess that's how to announce a new CD is dropping at midnight...without even advertising for real.

As for Sally Langston - that opening scene was an award worthy, stellar performance...well, her entire delivery was on point last night. Kate Burton did that thing.  I felt a little like that infamous "Jerry Maguire" scene, "You had me at hello!" And no, chile, the devil did not make her do that...she wanted to kill her husband. That was some Cain and Abel kind of anger, but she has been hanging out in the garden with a serpent a lot lately.

As for Cyrus - when folk make a deal with him, they really are making a deal with the devil.  Mellie really is no match for Cyrus' level of evil.

As for Olivia - she is all messed up in the head.  She doesn't know who to trust or, at this point, who to love.

As for Huck - he utterly despises Quinn.  Quinn cannot win...for nothing!  She brought it on herself though.  She pushed Huck to a place where he can't come back from...or forgive.

As for Rowan Pope - he walked Fitz down in that monologue...in handcuffs too. Just when you thought Burton was walking away with a nomination, Joe Morton/"Eli" steals the show and shuts it down. "You're a boy!" It took me time to recover from that...among other things.

As for Jake Ballard - he has come up as the new "Command."  Classic line, "Never underestimate the president!" What a way to rise from the ashes.  Fitz and Jake really are the definition of "frenemies"!

As for Mama Pope - she worked that coat! I guess that is how you step out "sharp to death" after 22 years of being in lock up.

And as for Friday the 13th, honey, I don't believe in superstition, I believe in Jesus.  No Jason Voorhees for me! 

I am so glad that Scandal is going on a winter hiatus.  It has worn me out all season.

In all of this, I am always mindful and often bring myself back to this - these folks, both real and fictional, are my entertainment not my idols. And, they have brought the entertainment...

Study Link:
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Exodus+20%3A4-6&version=KJV


 
Photo credit: factmag.com


Little Known Fact: Just in case you didn't know, in my past life as an OSU Buckeye, I was an Arts & Entertainment reporter.






No comments:

Post a Comment