Wednesday, December 4, 2013

ACE #76: The Way You Show Jesus

My co-worker sent a song to me a couple of months ago called, "Show Jesus".  She said it reminded her of me.  She said that I am always smiling and singing, but I am very thoughtful without giving much thought to it.  That was an awesome compliment to me.

As I reflect back over my professional career, I never really tell people that I am a Christian when I start any job...I never have.  This song struck a chord with me; it intrigued me enough to learn about its origins or, at least, about the songstress behind the song. (I love Wikipedia, by the way.)
 
A young girl was diagnosed with Tourette syndrome at the age of 11. Imagine the stigma, stereotypes, and labels attached to such a diagnosis.  Because of her faith and her parents' faith, no doubt, she has gone on to win the 2012 Dove Award for New Artist of the Year.  Jamie Grace Harper is a perfect example of the way you show Jesus undeniably in a world that doesn't always embrace Him and His splendor.  When I think of her story, all I can say is "Look at God!" There's simple ways to show Jesus.
 
John 13:35
35 By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”

"Show Jesus"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0pqw6qMI_c

Your smile's always shining out
And they know what it's all about
It's not hard for them to figure out
The way you show Jesus
You know love is what they heard
And you didn't even say a word
Ain't it funny that's the way it works
When you know Jesus
Oh it's like flipping on a light switch when you're walking into this room
It's so undeniable...




 Just Show Jesus

 
redbubble.com
 

 

Jamie Grace

 
 
Photo credit lastfm.com


 
 








No comments:

Post a Comment