Tuesday, December 31, 2013

ACE #96: God's Reset Button

As we close out 2013 (the old) and enter into 2014 (the new), I am reminded that God gives us brand new mercies daily.  He allows us to fall short and He makes up for our shortcomings through His grace and mercy.  At other times, we fall down...hard! And He whispers for us "to get back up" and even reaches out to help us back into an upright position. 

This year, be determined to let go of some things, maybe some relationships, perhaps some grudges, or maybe some habits that hinder your spiritual or personal growth.  Recommit to serving God in spirit and in truth.  Don't set New Year's resolutions, but endeavor to set Kingdom Goals - goals that have the love of Christ in the forefront, goals that say, in faith, that "I will seek the kingdom of God first and everything else will be added" even when it doesn't look good or seems challenging.

I have extended this challenge to myself, "Don't just do something new, be something new!"  I am grateful that God hits the reset button.  I thank Him for forgiving me, when I couldn't forgive myself.  Say good bye to the old...God already has!  Press forward!  Happy New Year.

Philippians 3:13

 
13 Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead...

 

2 Corinthians 5:17

17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come:[a] The old has gone, the new is here!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment