Sunday, December 8, 2013

ACE #80: Bloom Where You Are Planted

Over the years, every time I've gotten frustrated on the job, I've always reminded myself, no matter what the situation, to always do my "best work" because when God gets ready to open a door, I need to be prepared for the new journey. 

One of the most pivotal scenes in the movie, "Facing the Giants," is when Mr. Bridges feels led by the Lord to tell Coach Grant Taylor that God wants him to hold his position, right where he is, in faith and to prepare his field for the rain that is to come.  Grant specifically says he's been praying, but he doesn't see God at work. Mr. Bridges responds, "God will send the rain when HE is ready.  You need to prepare your field to receive it." 

That is a word of encouragement for some people today who are frustrated with their job situations, with their finances, with their health, with their households, with their relationship status, and other situations that might be in a frustrating or "dry" place.

Continue to pray, to trust God, to keep His word, and to prepare your field for the blessings that are to come.  In the meantime, bloom where you are planted.

Revelation 3:7-8 reads:
...These are the words of him who is holy and true, who holds the key of David. What he opens no one can shut, and what he shuts no one can open. I know your deeds. See, I have placed before you an open door that no one can shut. I know that you have little strength, yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name.

Watch this clip:

http://www.wingclips.com/movie-clips/facing-the-giants/prepare-your-fields

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment