Tuesday, April 1, 2014

ACE #167: When Ordinary Just Won't Do

This morning I was going to blog about something totally different, but one of my favorite songs came on the radio.  I won't say it sidetracked me, I will say it refocused me for this Easter season.

Have you ever needed someone
A shoulder just to cry on
To ease the agony
And find tranquility
A sweet and gentle touch
That speaks softs words of love that mean so much
Ordinary just won't do
I need a love that's pure and true
Lord I need a love that's pure and true

I don't need an ordinary love 
Lord, I need your gentle touch

 A quest in order to find
What lies in the heart in my soul in my mind
Sometimes serenity
But then there's misery
So many weaknesses and faults I've got to learn to
Share the inner most and secret thoughts
The ordinary person just won't do

That someone is you

Lord I need your special touch
It would mean so very much
So many close friends they don't seem to understand
Problems in your life
So complex you say, who can comprehend?
Tragedy when you need relief
Only Jesus Christ can supply your need
A sweet and gentle touch
That speaks soft words of love that mean so much

The ordinary just won't do
I need someone, Lord, I need someone
That someone is You

The ordinary just won't do
I need a love that's pure and true
I can always find it in you, Jesus
The ordinary just won't do I
 I need a love that's pure and true
I can ALWAYS find it in you, JESUS!

When I think about the people in my life - past relationships, old friendships, even some family members -  love has been quite conditional.  We might fall in and out of love with people many times in our lives, but the love of God never leaves us...even when we leave Him.

Marcus Coles says, "God looks beyond my faults and sees my needs...you can keep that love that changes!"  He's right.

Jesus offers us an extraordinary kind of love.  A love that's special.  A love that's true.  A love that's supernatural.  A love that is unfailing.  A love that never changes.

As for me, He died on the cross that I might be free...that's the kind of love I need.

Take a listen...
Commissioned - Ordinary Just Won't Do
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jX_pfh4E2fY&feature=kp

 
Photo from outsidecampreflections.com
 
Isaiah 53:5
But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on him, and by his wounds we are healed.

No comments:

Post a Comment