Monday, April 7, 2014

ACE #172: Just A Little Appreciation

This morning I had to work out of town at a conference. I arrived at my destination a little late, so the staff was putting up the breakfast food.  One of my coworkers asked one of the hotel staff to bring me a muffin or a bagel.  At first the lady gave a little attitude, but she walked in the back reluctantly. She brought me three small plates with a bagel, muffins, and some fruit...more than I could eat actually. One of the other staff members helped me carry my plates to a seat. I told him I remembered him from this past summer when he worked there.   I chatted with him for a little while, then the original lady, who was the team leader, came back over to me. I stopped her and said, "I just want to let you know that you all do a really good job every time our staff comes here.  I appreciate your kindness and hospitality. I just wanted to say 'thank you' for the excellent service."  Her response, "No, thank you so much. I will make sure my team knows what you said. Some people wouldn't take the time to do that!"

We must learn to stop being so busy and preoccupied with ourselves and make the time to thank people for the small stuff.  Appreciation and gracefulness don't cost a thing.

Matthew 25:40
The King will reply, 'Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.'



No comments:

Post a Comment