Saturday, January 10, 2015

ACE #321: This Is My Season

When I was younger, I was heavily involved in sports. I was an athlete in baseball, football and basketball. I could never determine which one was my sport. So, I played them all, aggressively. Each season I wanted to make better than the last. I remember saying things to myself like, “You are going to hit the ball better this year,” or “I am going to score more points next year.” Clearly, I wanted to do greater things in the next season. In fact, I can recall always encouraging myself, before each season, that it was my season.

Did it work? Sometimes.  I would go on to have good seasons and not so good seasons. But it did not stop me from declaring what my intentions were for the seasons to come. I had a desire to become more than what I was in each previous season. 

I thought about this because lately I have taken a liking to a song titled, "This is My Season," by William Murphy. (You should check it out when you have a chance). It speaks to my desire, since I was a young boy, to be better than I was before; in my new seasons.

The Bible teaches me in the book of Ecclesiastes about seasons. Seasons are expected to come and go in my life. It might be a bad season or it might be a good season, but it was the time for that season. Now, as I have grown in the way of the Lord, I have learned that my desire to declare a better season in my life is dependent upon the grace and mercy of my Lord and Savior, Jesus, the risen Christ. His favor is leaning in my direction and it makes me declare that this is my season of life in the Lord.  It’s good. 

I encourage someone today, who may be struggling. The old season is over and a new season is here. Claim it! Start today and declare that “this is my season.” In Christ, God will do exactly what He said. 

Bible reference:

No comments:

Post a Comment