Saturday, January 24, 2015

ACE #331: This Is My Song


My favorite song is "No Weapon" by Fred Hammond. The reason I like it so much is because it is Scripture. It just simply encourages me in times of discouragement, trouble and, yes, even victory. The song was written from the Scripture out the Book of Isaiah the prophet as the Lord declared His will over the witness of those who are His servants, Isaiah 54:17. This song has ministered to me and also allowed me to minister to others. In fact, I call it, “my song.” I didn’t compose it. I didn’t make it popular. I just use it to glorify and thank my God for His way and His word. I know what He has done and is doing for me. I am grateful. 

When the people of God crossed the Red Sea in Exodus, the Bible says they sang a song to the Lord. Over 400 years of captivity and the Israelites glorified God through a song of deliverance. That’s it! The Israelites and Moses joined together and just sang a song to thank God for what He had done.  

In the words of Mr. Brown, from Tyler Perry’s movies, “this is a celebrate.” 

They could have just moved on and said thank you. However, they came to gather and tell the story of their witness through song. What a testimony! A "joyful noise" to thank our God, who delivered us out of bondage and made a way out of nothing. Can you hear it? 

What is your song? Will you sing that song that epitomizes your struggle, your deliverance, your victory and your gratitude? Let Him hear it! This is my song. 

Isaiah 54:17

17 No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of me, saith the Lord.
  
 "No Weapon"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzAkMvK1Ljw


No comments:

Post a Comment