Sunday, January 18, 2015

ACE #326: My Life B.C.


When I hear the abbreviation B.C., I immediately associate it with the time period, “before Christ.” Why? Well, if I say I believe that Jesus came to earth to die for the sins of the world and to resurrect so we can have life to the fullest, I have to believe that there was a period before He existed that caused God to send Him. I can’t say I believe God made Himself flesh, in the form of His Son, Jesus - and not believe that He had a purpose in coming. Why is this relevant, you ask?

I was thinking the other day and wondering. What the church body would be like if we personified B.C. more in our daily walk with Christ today? Wait a minute…you say. Christ already came and filled the plan of the Father. Therefore, before Christ, is not relevant. Correct. And, hopefully, you have confessed it, living it and anticipate His return.

But, here’s the point. When we, as the body of Christ, begin to firmly function in the belief of what God did through His only begotten Son, Jesus, the attitude shifts to "because of Christ". We are not overlooking the time period before Christ. Without it, we have no liberty. But, we are recognizing who we are because of Christ.  My life before Christ, I was lost. My life because of Christ, I am found. Because of Christ, I am a new creature. Because of Christ, I can face my circumstances, my tribulations and my triumphs knowing that if He is for us it doesn’t matter who is against us. Because Christ died for me while I was yet a sinner, I am fearfully and wonderfully made in His image. Because Christ is…I am. This is my life because Christ is. 




Photo credit - http://www.tiagopiriquito.com

No comments:

Post a Comment