Saturday, November 9, 2013

ACE #53: No Pressure in Him

After hours of preparation and waiting, the time came for the show to start. Here's the thought process...

What can go wrong?

I tested everything, right? 

Everything seems to be working.

Well...it is what it is. 

That's right. It will be what it will be. If I have done everything I know to do as a professional, then there should be no pressure. 

This was last week when I was the audio technician for a major event. I was under some serious pressure. I wanted to make sure everything was on point. I did not want to fail. 

But who would I have been failing? 

I had made the correct preparations to make sure this event went off without a hitch. I did everything I knew to do as a professional in the business. Why was I under so much pressure? 

I admit. I wanted to please man. In doing so, I allowed the enemy to plant seeds of doubt concerning the gift that God graced me with. This brought about all the pressure. What I failed to mention is that I prayed before the event started as I always do. So why doubt? Why the pressure? 

David says he called on The Lord in distress and The Lord set him free. There was no need for me feel the pressure for this event. The Lord had already set the order of how the event would go. He is in control. 

There is no pressure of what a man can say about you or do to you when we are in The Lord. He has plans for us to prosper. When He is for us, it doesn't matter what we are up against. There is no pressure in Him. He sets us free from the pressures of life. 

RJL



http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm+118%3A5-6&version=NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment