Thursday, November 28, 2013

ACE #70: Give Thanks

Psalm 100:4 reads, "Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name".

Today is Thanksgiving Day.  All we are really asked to do on this day is to give thanks...for all that God has done in our lives - maybe even for the things God has kept us from encountering in our lives.

Say a little prayer for those who don't have a place to eat or lay their heads on this day that they will still believe in God's faithfulness even in their circumstances and that someone will reach out to them to show God's love.

Happy Thanksgiving.  God is good!  Take a listen...

"Thank You Lord" - Walter Hawkins
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FXq1Eff4M4

Verse 1:
Tragedies are common place all kinds of diseases, people are slipping away. Economy's down, people can't get enough pay, but as for me, all I can say is thank you Lord, for all you've done for me.

Verse 2:
Folks without homes, living out in the streets, and the drug habit some say, they just can't beat. Muggers and robbers, no place seems to be safe, but you've been my protection every step of the way; and I want to say, thank you Lord, for all you've done for me.
Chorus:
(It could have been me) thank You,
(outdoors) thank You,
(with no food) thank You,
(and no clothes) thank You,
(All left alone) thank You,
(without a friend) thank You,
(or just another number) thank You,
(with a tragic end) thank You, oh.
(But You didn't see fit) thank You,
(to let none of these things be) thank You,
(and everyday by Your power) thank You,
(You keep on, keep on keeping me) thank You;
And I wanna say thank you Lord for all you've done for me.

 
Take Nothing for Granted
Photo by ourdailyblossom.com


No comments:

Post a Comment