Wednesday, November 13, 2013

ACE #57: And the Last Shall Be First and Vice Versa

Some time ago, I got mad at work over something that the Lord had already confirmed to me.  I wasn't happy about a situation where I felt I was not being treated equitably.  And the Lord spoke the words to me "the last shall be first and the first shall be last".  I heard it clearly.  Then a friend of mine said to me shortly after, "The Lord will give you something more, something better.  He always does!"  And still...I got mad over the situation anyway.  I pouted and fussed...a lot. 

In the "The Parable of the Workers in the Vineyard" the landowner paid the workers who had worked only one hour the same as those who had worked all day.  There was grumbling and complaining from those who had labored all day.  The landowner asked the question, "Didn't you agree to work for a denarius (a day's labor)?" In other words, am I not honoring my commitment to you?

Here's the lesson - when the Lord speaks a Word to you - receive it.  Don't block your blessing by staying angry because you didn't "get your way".  Notice I said "staying" and not "getting".  Make no mistake about it - Christians get mad too!  It's all about how we respond to the situation. The response impacts the testimony - good or bad! 

Do what you are hired to do, put in your labor...and go home.  And the last shall be first and the first shall be last...even at work. Keep the faith!  You will get your reward.

Study Link:
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+20%3A1-16


 
gloryknowledge.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment