Monday, November 18, 2013

ACE #62: Be a Mountain Mover

How can you be a "mountain mover"? No, it's not by magic.  It's not even by strength conditioning, so to speak.

When I was younger, I loved this song, "Let Me Tell You How to Move a Mountain."  It was one of the first gospel songs I learned to play outside of traditional hymns.  The song fascinated me because of the message, but also because it was one of the songs that had been sung during the Civil Rights Movement in the United States. (At least that's what was printed on the bottom of the sheet music).  The mere thought that something that was physically impossible was spiritually possible made me curious.

Our "mountains" are figurative not literal.  Depending on who you ask, the response might be very different.  For some, the "mountain" might be their health or their failed relationships, for others the "mountain" might be their addictions or their debt. 

In the story, "Jesus Heals a Demon-Possessed Boy," the disciples encounter a situation where they can not drive out a demon from a young boy.  After all, they'd performed many miracles before with Jesus or in His name.  Then they came up against a situation that they could not handle alone...until Jesus stepped on the scene.  And Jesus gave them an 'on the spot' reality check and told them that they lacked faith.

Over the years, I've learned that there are just some situations, or "mountains," that are tough to climb, to conquer, or to move.  Some "mountains" are just stubborn and refuse to get out of the way - so I climb them step by step and day by day. When the climb gets too difficult, too exhausting, or is no longer under my control, I've learned to pray and call Jesus on the scene.  Some mountains are not even meant to be climbed...just moved!

The Word of God says that all I need is the faith the size of a mustard seed and nothing will be impossible for me!  Maybe it's time for some conditioning...of our FAITH!


Study Link:
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matt.17.14-Matt.17.21

"Let Me Tell You How to Move a Moutain"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDFz8AblzqU


 
faithgateway.com




No comments:

Post a Comment