Saturday, October 5, 2013

ACE #18: BINGO


BINGO

B-75 

I-12

N-18

Free Space

G-28

0-38

Last weekend, I went to visit my great aunt. She is in assistive living for seniors. What a visit! Until that Saturday, I had not been able to visit her for a long time because of work and family things. Well, we had a great time together as we always do. I thank the Lord for her wisdom and just what she has meant to this family for over 80 years. 

After about an hour and a half, the Activities Coordinator came by and asked the ladies if they were ready to play BINGO. Of course, every one of those ladies were excited and responded with a big “yes.” I thought that was my cue to leave until my aunt said “Nephew, you want to stay and play BINGO with us.” Now, anybody that knows me, knows I am not the type to play BINGO. I have just never been interested. However, at the request of my dear great aunt, I agreed to play. I should add that is was not for money, but all for senior citizefun. So, the game started and the lady started calling letters and numbers like crazy. For at least 30 minutes, I listened to that and did not win one game. I knew I was only there to please my aunt. So after the game the group prayed and I left.

Several days ago, I was driving to work and I thought about that day. I thought about the BINGO game in particular. I thought about the object of the game and how you win. Bingo is a game of chance. Then I remembered the excitement of the ladies who won when the last number was called. So I laid out my BINGO card of life and called the letter and numbers.

B-75: 38 years ago today, God saw fit to give my parents a little huffy wearing son, Robert J.

I-12:  I began to excel in youth sports and started chasing a dream of one day becoming a professional athlete. Pure and innocent I was.

N-17: I graduated from high school and was ready to explore the sinful world through sports, partying, fornication, drinking, smoking, lying, cheating, stealing and anything else I could do on my own with no vision.

Free Space: In 1997 I accepted Christ as my Savior and still today, I confess with my mouth and believe in my heart that Jesus died on the cross for my sin. So, N-17 doesn’t count anymore. I get a free space. 

G-28: What God has joined together let no man put asunder. God ordained the marriage of Charliese and me. God sent her to help me see the King in me. This way, I wouldn’t let the kid in me kill it.    
                               
O-38: I will bless the Lord at all times and His praises shall continually be in my mouth…Seek ye first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness… No weapon formed against me shall prosper…Create in me a clean heart…I am not perfect but...

BINGO! BINGO!  I got it. It’s about Him. Thank you, Lord for my life. It’s only by Your grace and mercy that I am here. 

Anybody up for a game of BINGO?

Study Links:




No comments:

Post a Comment