Friday, October 4, 2013

ACE #17: Thank God for Your Haters

You know who your haters are - those people who never want to see you succeed.  They might even purposely put stumbling blocks in your way.  They might even attempt to tarnish your reputation just so that you don't move forward...or even just for fun.  Or maybe they might be people in your own family who have told you over and over again that "you'll never be anything" in life or you'll be just like your mother or father.  Whoever they are, they spew venom in your direction in every effort to "kill" who you are or what you could become.  Here's the thing, they never had the power to prosper you in the first place. God declared in the book of Jeremiah that He has plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Did you catch that?  Your enemies don't have the power to do anything concerning you!

I thank God for my haters.  Their "hating" makes me work harder to reach my personal goals, but it makes me seek a much more personal relationship with God.  I pray more. I study the word of God more. I love more. I give more. And I prosper more!

So, the way the old cliché goes, "Let your haters be your elevators!" And you won't be able to look down on them because you'll be too busy looking up at God. What an awesome sight!

Study Link:
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Jeremiah%2029:1-23&version=NIV

Photo courtesy of www.angelelevator.com





No comments:

Post a Comment