Friday, October 18, 2013

ACE #31: Jesus' Car Wash


When I dropped off our daughter at daycare yesterday it was pouring down raining.  When I picked her up at the end of the day, it was still pouring down raining.  She said, “Mom, it sure is raining a lot.  That’s okay though.  It’s just Jesus’ car wash!”

I thought about all of the times in my life I’ve heard “when it rains it pours”.  This statement signifies that when one bad thing happens, a constant flow of other bad things follow.  However, rain often symbolizes (biblically) blessings and increase.  As I’ve grown spiritually, I’ve learned to appreciate the seasons of “rain” in my life.  I’ve used those times to recognize that my faith in God is being refreshed, replenished, and restored so that I can grow/flourish spiritually.
 
When it rained during the Great Flood, it destroyed the things that were old to make room for something new.  We should welcome the seasons of rain in our lives so that we can allow God to reign over our lives and to shower us with His blessings.
 
Study Link:

"Open the Floodgates of Heaven...Let It Rain"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7pJnTgnorg


 
Photo credit www.autoshowup.com



No comments:

Post a Comment