Saturday, October 19, 2013

ACE #32: Strength In Your 'Stillness'

There are many times in my life that I had to learn things the hard way - like every time my actions and my complaining have only made my situations worse.  I was once called an Israelite. The more I've grown in Christ, the less I desire to be like the Israelites in the book of Exodus. 

Part of the reason the Israelites did so much complaining and were often rebuked by God was because they didn't fully trust Moses as their leader and God as their ultimate deliverer. Moses was specifically sent by God.  God had shown them over and over again (through the various plagues) that He was who He said He was and could do what He said He could do.

There will be times in our lives that all we are required to do is to trust God, be still and do absolutely NOTHING. We don't have to argue.  We don't have to fight. We don't even have to state our case!  Exodus 14:14 says, "The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still.”  Learn to be still and to appreciate God's magnificent power...in your stillness!

Study Link:
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Exodus+14&version=NIV


 
Image by latoro.com
 










No comments:

Post a Comment