Monday, October 7, 2013

ACE #19: I Can Show You Better Than I Can Tell You


I Can Show You Better Than I Can Tell You

Remember this highly used phrase? I used to hear it all the time from my mother and grandmother as a youngster. I would hear it especially when I was in trouble with my mother. She would always show my brother and me that it wasn’t just lip service when she said “No.” My grandmother, on the other hand, just said it because I believe she thought it was cute to say; as she cleaned her ear with a hair pin. Anyway, I was thinking about this phrase and how it should be important to us as men and women of faith in Jesus the Christ. In the book of James, chapter 3, he warns us about faith that doesn’t have works. You see, it is not enough for us to just say we believe in Jesus the Christ. We have to show that faith through our works. Our lives have to be filled with the hope that no matter what comes our way, we know God, through our faith in Jesus, to be exactly who He says He is. Personally, He has proven Himself more and more and that His Grace is enough. The lives that we live, because of our faith in Jesus, must be a reflection of this phrase. Stop telling people we will pray for them. Show them by praying with them. Stop telling folks that you love them. Show them with a holy hug and kiss. Stop telling people about the church and pick them up and take them with us to service. Stop always talking about the goodness of Jesus and show somebody what He can do. Give somebody a ‘CROSS’ reference. The word says “faith without works is dead.” If we say we believe in the one true and living God, Jesus, we should not have any problems showing it. I know this because “I can show you better than I can tell you.”
Study Link:

No comments:

Post a Comment