Tuesday, October 8, 2013

ACE #21: When Tiny Shoes Are Left Behind

I always know when our daughter has been playing in our closet.  Shoes are often scattered, but that isn't always her fault...sometimes that's just me being too lazy to straighten them up. There's a visible sign though...she leaves her tiny shoes behind.  Most of the time, they are worn and a little dirty because she plays so hard at the park at school.  No matter what the task, even playing or trying on shoes, she gives it all she's got.  She has the best time in our closet because, after all, she is "walking in her mother's shoes". 

I realized early on that our daughter watched me intently, listened to me closely, and mimicked me often.  It has made me more intentional about what spiritual example I set for her - not just in her relationship with God, but also as a wife, a mother and a woman.  Proverbs 31:25-26 reads, "Strength and honor are her clothing; She shall rejoice in time to come. She opens her mouth with wisdom, And on her tongue is the law of kindness".  I want her to be strong, honorable, wise, kind, and full of joy - all the things I strive to embody from day to day...even if I fall short every now and again. She's my "mini me". She walks in my shoes. I will always cherish the tiny shoes she leaves behind.

Study Link:
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Proverbs+31%3A10-31&version=NIV


 
Someone might aspire to walk in your shoes;
make sure they are walking on God's pathway.


No comments:

Post a Comment