Saturday, October 12, 2013

ACE #25: How Are You 'Faithing' Today?

Before I got satellite radio in the car, the majority of my listening time in the car was an FM broadcast station call letters WJMM 99.1 in Versailles, Ky. Every morning I would drive to work and listen to this Christian programming. Well, at 8:00 a.m., there was a show in particular that always blessed me. The name of that particular show was "Morning Sunshine." First off, the show started with a catchy opening. That got my attention. But it was the opening question that always moved me to think.  As the show opened, Reverend John Withers, would always begin with the question "How are you faithing today?" I know. I get it. "Faithing" is not a word recognized in the dictionary. But what I learned is that it takes some spiritual intuition to answer this question. I realized I could not answer this from a worldly perspective. The world says it is not a word and will spend more time finding the correct word and not appreciate the WORD in "faithing." My point is this. Faith is action. To be faithful we can't just say it. We must show it.

The Bible says without faith it is impossible to please God. In this day and time, if we don't continually practice faith in The Lord Jesus, we are not pleasing God. If we say we believe God for everything, then our actions have to show it. If we believe Him for healing, then why are we not positioning ourselves to be healed. In the name of Jesus, rebuke the time doctors have given you to live. Let's position ourselves to show the almighty we have faith in Him and Him alone.

No matter what the boss says...
No matter what the haters say...
No matter what the account looks like...
No matter how bad the government seems...
No matter how long we've been given to live...
No matter what the struggle is right now...

The scripture says "now faith." The question was "how are you faithing today?" When we see it spiritually we can answer the question. Faith without works is dead, but through actions of faith, we have hope.

RJL
Study Links:
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=James+2%3A14-26&version=ESV

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Hebrews+11%3A1&version=KJV

http://www.wjmm.com

 
Photo courtesy of www.ok.gov

No comments:

Post a Comment