Monday, October 14, 2013

ACE #27: Seeing God on the Side of the Road

Last week, my car broke down.  It had to be towed off to the dealership and everything.  It's still there - and I'm okay with it. 

You see, that particular day was two days after me, my husband, and our daughter had spent the entire weekend in the hills, mountains, and valleys of West Virginia.  We drove on winding roads and through a storm to get home. We arrived safely to all of our destinations.

On that particular day, I stayed late at work.  By 6:00 p.m. the rush hour traffic had even died down when that dreaded BOOM happened.  It startled me, but I was able to get to the side of the road quickly and safely.  Two officers stopped to check on me.  My parents came to pick me up, while my husband made sure the insurance information was available.

That day, I saw God on the side of the road.  No, not in person, but in provision.  He provided safety for my family while traveling, an easy coast to the side of the road, two officers of the law, pleasant customer service representatives, a tow truck, two loving parents, and a devoted husband.

After all, He's always there...even though we can't see Him with our physical eyes.  Yep, I saw God on the side of the road while I sat in a car watching the sunset. 

Philippians 4:19

19 And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.


 
 
Photo courtesy of ourglassheart.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment