Wednesday, January 8, 2014

ACE #103: Why I Don't Really Complain About the Cold Much...

...because
 
 
 
I have a pillow.

 
I have a couch.

 
I have a car.

 
I have food to eat.

 
I have a home.

 
I have a bed.
 

 
I have shoes and clothes.

 
My child is safe and warm.

 
None of these is my story or my daily reality.
 
Whether it's in color or in black and white...poverty and homelessness are real. #grateful
 
 
Leviticus 25:35-36                    
If your brother becomes poor and cannot maintain himself with you, you shall support him as though he were a stranger and a sojourner, and he shall live with you. Take no interest from him or profit, but fear your God, that your brother may live beside you.
  
Is it not to share your bread with the hungry and bring the homeless poor into your house; when you see the naked, to cover him, and not to hide yourself from your own flesh? 
  
But when you give a feast, invite the poor, the crippled, the lame, the blind, and you will be blessed, because they cannot repay you. For you will be repaid at the resurrection of the just.
   
Whoever is generous to the poor lends to the Lord, and he will repay him for his deed.

Contact The Hope Center to help:
http://www.hopectr.org/
 

No comments:

Post a Comment