Tuesday, January 28, 2014

ACE #120: The Haunting of the Grammys: The Path You Choose

I just read an article about how Christian singer, Natalie Grant, left the Grammys early because she just couldn’t take it anymore.  On her Twitter page she wrote, “I’ve never been more honored to sing about Jesus and for Jesus.  And I’ve never been more sure of the path I’ve chosen.”

Not one television in my house was tuned in – and they didn’t have to be.  Social media was going crazy with commentary.  The amount of satanic messages and sexually explicit performances reached an all-time high in my book.  It was actually a little scary, and very disappointing, when I saw clips of the performances and photos the next day.  (After all, I couldn’t turn it on my television for my five-year-old to view). 
 
But this Scripture came to mind:

Romans 12:1-2
I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Yes, several people won awards, but nobody really stole the show.  If anything, viewers were stunned or dazed.  As Christians, we have to make up our minds about the who, the what, the when, the why and the how for the path we will follow.
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me”. And similar to Natalie, I feel the same way.
 
 
 
charitybaptistchurch.org
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment