Wednesday, January 29, 2014

ACE #121: Stuck in Traffic

It is no secret that this winter has been one of the worst in U.S. history, particularly because the southern states were hit with snow and ice and because of the frigid, negative temperatures.  I read several Facebook posts about people in the Atlanta area being stuck in traffic ranging from three to 12 hours.  Some students even had to stay overnight at their schools because traffic was so bad.  I read where one man walked miles to get to his pregnant wife. 

The post that really stood out was the one that said there were six cars stuck on a street with a hill and no one would get out to help the other person. The poster said that if everyone would have gotten out to help the first car, at the top of the hill, then none of the cars would have been stuck for that long period of time.  Each driver could have helped the next driver.  This makes me ponder the question, "As a people, have we become that selfish?"

Then I read another post that stated that the driver slid off of the road five times and people got out of their cars to help each time.  It took her five hours to finally make it home, but she was safe and warm.  Mostly, she was just grateful.

At the end of the day, who will you choose to be on sunny days and even the coldest of cold days?

Matthew 25:40-45

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’
41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’
44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’
45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’


 
(AP Photo/The Marietta Daily Journal, Kelly J. Huff)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment