Sunday, January 19, 2014

ACE #112: Cross Reference 1

Years ago, as a freshmen in college, I was introduced to Discover Card. I saw an opportunity to get some money without physically having it in my pocket. So, I signed up and established my first line of credit. As time went by, I continued to charge more than I could afford to pay back. I had some wants and this was an opportunity to address it. The minimum payment seemed to be good enough to meet. As the Discover Card was close to being maxed out, I thought of other credit lines I could establish in the same way.

Well, of course, this continued after my college years. But after a while, I finally realized that I had financial debt that could  literally take 20 years to pay off. So, I sought after some financial help and made the decision to work aggressively to pay off my debt. But, the debt was not going anywhere for a while. It was going to take a some time to be debt free. 

Now, I used my credit card debt to illustrate my own efforts. However, there is a lot of other experiences that I could have use to bring my point home. I could have use my lust, my drinking, my fornicating, my doubt, my other forms of greed or any other sin and disobedience I committed that is contrary to God. 

You see, sometimes we allow our own selfish desires to push us into situations that we will ultimately struggle to get out of by ourselves. But, when we accept and believe in Jesus' death on the cross, His burial in the tomb and His resurrection from the grave, it erases all the sin debt we have caused ourselves. Everything we have done is erased and forgotten. He paid it all for all sin. Just confess it...Believe it...Live like we llanos He lives and wait for His return. See it in the spirit.

Cross Reference

RJL






No comments:

Post a Comment