Sunday, January 26, 2014

ACE #119: A Mirror

When we look in the mirror, do we see ourself or do we see someone else? I see someone else. No matter which way I turn, the person in the mirror is not me. It can't be me. I am way different than what I see. 

It's amazing how much we want to avoid looking in the mirror at our true self. We look all around to find the perfect spot that represents us. Meanwhile, we miss the opportunity to address our imperfections because we truly believe it is not there.

By now, we should all know that I am not talking about glass, but I am talking about the bible. 
The mirror that causes us to look at it and quickly call out the faults of others and overlook our own. It suddenly looks like someone else instead of us holding ourselves accountable for what we are doing. 

Friends, the word of The Lord is the mirror we should want to see ourselves in. In it, we can see ourselves how Christ would like to see us; in Him. He sees us as a reflection of Him. He sees us a lenders and not borrowers. He sees us as the head and not the tail. He sees us a royalty. He sees us as chosen. He sees us as brothers and sisters worth dying for, even if we have sinned. Look up and repent. Then, live free and be blessed. 

RJL 

http://mobile.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=James+1%3A23-25&version=KJV





No comments:

Post a Comment