Monday, May 5, 2014

ACE #197: Another Chance to Get It Right

The other day, I missed an opportunity to bless someone.  And it really stuck with me. (Read it here: http://theafterchurchexperience.blogspot.com/2014/05/ace-195-oprah-chai-tea-and-missed.html).  But on my way home from Chicago, as I stood in the airport, I had another chance to get it right...

I checked myself in at the Delta kiosk.  A young man, who was in his Navy uniform, was standing beside me looking perplexed.  He'd obviously never used the kiosk before.  I just stood there until he looked my way.  I didn't want to embarrass him, so I waited...patiently.  He finally asked, "Ma'am do you know how to use this?" (I obviously looked like a "ma'am" to him.  I was old enough to be his mother).  I said, "Yes.  I will help you."  Just like that...I took advantage of this second chance.  He thanked me and joined his fellow Navy guys and gals.

It just reminds me that we serve a God of a second chance, another chance, a million chances, and countless chances.  The Bible is full of saints and sinners alike who received second chances, third and even fourth chances: Peter, Elijah, Moses, Jonah, Samson, David, and many more.  I am so glad that God is forgiving, patient, loving, and kind.  He gives us so many opportunities to get it right!

Colossians 3:12

12 Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.



 



1 comment:

  1. I really enjoy this:) We Serve a God of a Second Chance, and many more.

    ReplyDelete