Saturday, May 10, 2014

ACE #202: Follow the Instructions

Yesterday, I put together a new bike for our daughter. To start, I opened the box and removed all the parts, including the instructions. I glanced over the manual to see if there was something I did not know. Afterwards, I proceeded to assemble the bike by looking more at the box.

While in my construction experience, I frequently noticed that things did not look right. I wanted to get this right so our daughter can be safe in her biking experience. So, I would often refer to the provided assembling manual to get me back on track. A thirty minute or less job quickly turned into an hour and a half. Why? Because I did not follow the assembly instructions provided.

Church, this is us today as Christians. Who we are and what we will become is in our manual, God's Holy Word. It clearly shows us how to assemble ourselves to be exactly what He desires us to be. We start out in broken pieces, ready to be assembled in Christ Jesus. However, along the way, we deviate from the instructions (the Bible) and the assembled is not what it should be. It leaves us confused and wondering why things are not working like they should. 

Well, obviously we have gotten away from the Word and we have tried to assemble ourselves like the picture on the box, in other words the person next to us. We want our assembly (faith, belief, praise & worship) to look like the brother or sister next to us. Watch out! Just remember, when the assembled ends up that way, it is not the same person operating it. That person knows how to work what's on the box. We don't. 

Look at the instructions God has for you. The Bible is the assembly instructions for what God desires each of us to be individually and collectively. It may not always look like the box. But, if we follow the instructions for assembly, the end result will serve it's purpose. Amen! 

http://mobile.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm+32%3A8&version=ESV









No comments:

Post a Comment