Monday, May 12, 2014

ACE #204: A Mother's Day Reflection

As I reflect on Mother’s Day, I am reminded of God’s grace and His favor.  At five years old, our daughter already knows what it is like to be thoughtful, generous, and loving.  She and her dad went shopping Friday night for my Mother’s Day gift.  I was in the mall with them, but was told to go around the corner.  I left the store and just strolled through the mall.  When my husband called me, he told me to meet them in Brookstone.  When I got there, they were both sitting in massage chairs…so I sat in one too.  I asked my daughter if she and her dad picked out something good for me.  She ran off and came back with a box. 

I said, “I don’t want to see my gift right now.  I can wait.”

She said, “But Mommy, I KNOW you’ll like it.  Besides, Daddy said it was okay to show you.”


I opened the box and this was inside:



She said, “Mommy, I know you love elephants, so I wanted to give you something that would make you happy.  Happy Mother’s Day.”

That's my girl!

From Proverbs 31
Epilogue: The Wife of Noble Character ] A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies. She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness. Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her


No comments:

Post a Comment