Sunday, May 18, 2014

ACE #210: What Happened?

I like Facebook. I like Twitter. I like LinkedIn. I like Pinterest. I like Instagram. I like what all of these social networking avenues provide for people who desire to share and connect with people across the globe. It can be fun and a great resource for us to experience one another without the hassle of travel. It has been a great way for family, friends and other loved ones to journey through life together. 

However, recently, I have come to notice how social media has become a platform to get a point across in a disagreement. It has become a way to cowardly address/resolve situations and conflict between individuals and groups. Families, friends, colleagues, marriages, churches and of course enemies, have all decided to take to social media to make sure arguments are heard. We have become dependent upon using social media to address disagreements with our fellow man.

What happened? 

When I look at the Scripture, I see Jesus wants us to take the issue to our offender/offended.  He didn't say share it with the world. He didn't say put your business in streets. He didn't say hash tag or pound "anything." He said take it to the one who you have the problem with or the one who has the problem with you. If that doesn't work, use a few witnesses. If that doesn't work take it to the church. 

Social media is not a person and it is not the church. 






No comments:

Post a Comment