Wednesday, May 21, 2014

ACE #213: Are You Happy?

Just about everyone is still singing Pharrell Williams's song, “Happy”.  People have even made their own videos to the song.  But it makes me wonder, “Are these people really all that happy?” 

Just because we sing about it or say it, do we really reflect happiness in our daily lives?  One of the most puzzling and troubling things I see daily is how people post about how good God is, then complain or curse people out in the next status update. 

Let me offer this, happiness is temporary...and conditional.  Happiness is affected by people, situations, money, jobs, relationships, friendships, mood swings and a whole lot of other stuff.

But joy…
But Joy…
But JOY…that way deep down joy is something different.

The old folks used to sing, “This joy that I have…the world didn’t give it and the world can’t take it away!”  That is a shout right there!  

I have walked into my job or even into church some days as happy as I wanted to be and somebody would do something or say something that completely set the tone for my day.  It would zap my happiness.  When I changed my reaction to such things and decided that I wouldn't let someone else steal my joy...oh, boy!


The joy in knowing Jesus can make all of the difference in your day, in your life, and in the world. Joy will get you through, over, under and around some things.  It's okay to be "happy", but I invite you to have JOY.  After all, it is one of the fruits of the Spirit.  Choose joy!

Ecclesiastes 3:12 

I perceived that there is nothing better for them than to be joyful and to do good as long as they live...

Isaiah 12:3 

With joy you will draw water from the wells of salvation.  


Get you some joy...







  

No comments:

Post a Comment