Thursday, May 22, 2014

ACE #214: Just When You Think Nobody Is Paying Attention

Yesterday, I received a message in my Facebook inbox from one of my mentees.  Here is part of the message:

I was looking for a way to post this on your page, but an inbox will certainly do. I just want to thank you for being there for and believing in me when I needed it most. For you to not even know me, you saw something in me and was always an encouragement. What touches me most right now is to think about the lunch conversation we had. I only had $4 in my pocket and was trying to calculate what I could to be okay. My heart was heavy, and I didn't know what to do. That day, you not only covered my lunch but you also fed me spiritually. It was the "umph" I needed to keep me moving forward with my career and educational goals. After almost two years, I am finally making gains in my life and finding balance - socially, economically, and spiritually. THANK YOU, Charliese. Without people like you praying and pushing me, I may have given up. Just think...we met (seemingly) by chance...from there, I have been inspired by you and am GRATEFUL to say I know you. Keep doing what you're doing because it's changing lives - even when you may not realize it.
This message didn't just make me smile, it also made me cry. I'm not sharing this story to "toot my own horn".  I'm sharing it because this situation made me know that I was doing something right, but that she was paying attention to the seeds I'd sown in her life.  That seed will allow her to sow right back into somebody else's life. What an awesome harvest!  
So just when you think that nobody is paying attention...God will show you otherwise.
 
Hebrews 13:16
 
16 And do not forget to do good and to share with others, for with such sacrifices God is pleased.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment