Saturday, May 17, 2014

ACE #209: "I Care for that Man"

A couple of days ago, my family and I were picking up some pizza. As we were waiting for it, a stranger approached the car. He asked if he could "borrow" some change. (That is another story, for another day). Anyway, he said he was thirsty. Then he said he just wanted to get something from the Taco Stand. So, we ended meeting him at the Taco Stand. 

After we purchased him his meal, I got back in the car and pulled off. Our daughter said, "Daddy, did you get him something to eat?"

To which I replied, "Yes."

Then she said, "Why couldn't he get his own?" I told her that some people might have it harder than others.  We thought the conversation was over...

After a few seconds of quiet she said, "I care for that man." 

My wife and I were proud, yet shocked. We had a similar look of surprise on our faces. But, we should not have. No, not because we are such great parents.  But because Jesus answered those, who were surprised, in Matthew chapter 21 when He said, "Yes... have you never read, 'From the lips of children and infants you, Lord, have called forth your praise?'"

Our daughter was praising God. How, you ask? Because she knew that God cares for those without. Otherwise, He would not have sent His only Son, Jesus, to die on a cross for  all of us; who will accept His sacrifice to have full life?

Her acceptance of God's gift to us made it so understanding for her to care for this man and his situation. After all, God cared that much for us. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment