Tuesday, May 20, 2014

ACE #212: But I Have a Good Heart

One of the most unattractive qualities I have ever encountered with some individuals are those who are mean-spirited and just plain ole nasty.  When I see people like that coming my way, I often exit a room or even pretend to be busy.  Even more often, people will try to explain the "mean" away with, "...but she has a good heart!" 

What difference does a good heart make, if nobody can see it, hear it, or feel it?  The Word of God says, in part, that what comes out of the mouth proceeds from the heart and defiles a person.  That doesn't just mean that we just defile ourselves, but we also defiles others through mean words and evil actions.  We don't get to explain our hatefulness away, just because we do nice things for others or give people expensive or thoughtful gifts. 

At the end of the day, I don't want gifts from a mean person - I want respect, hospitality, and loving kindness.  And please don't give me a gift, if what you actually owe me is an apology.

Believe it or not...our hearts are visible.  Your heart shows through your actions and your words.  Endeavor to be kind.
               

Hebrews 4:12                    

For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment