Monday, May 19, 2014

ACE #211: Storage Full

One of the most frustrating things happened to me this weekend.  My mobile phone maxed out on memory.  It caused me all kinds of problems! I couldn't access my call logs.  There was no memory for voice mails.  My texts were filled to capacity.  And my email wouldn't even allow me access with the message repeating over and over again "storage full". 

This meant I had to take action fast, quick and in a hurry.  When I tried to delete some things, it would not even allow that.  So I got rid of a few old pictures that I didn't think I would miss.  I deleted some apps that I know I didn't use.  Still, the message read, "storage full".  There was one last thing I didn't try - to power down and to restart my phone.  After I did that, I had some free space.

This scenario reminded me of how full to capacity our lives get that we don't have enough space for God.  We put him on the back burner, save Him for later, or archive Him. 

One of my favorite songs, "I'm Available to You," reminds me to make myself available to God for His use regardless of my schedule, the time constraints, and the busyness of my life.  The lyrics read:

Lord I'm available to You.  My will I give to You.
I'll do what You say do.  Use me Lord
to show someone the way, and enable me to say
My storage is empty, and I am available to You.

When will you find the time to make yourself completely available to God?  Do it before you have to...


Isaiah 6:8
Isaiah's Commission from the Lord
And I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?” Then I said, “Here I am! Send me.”
 
 
I'm Available to You:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJznj1a8I1w


 
Try to power down and restart!


No comments:

Post a Comment